Welcome to our Super Smash Bros Ultimate Best Characters Tier List For Nintendo Switch, We will also include a complete list of confirmed and upcoming announced DLC Characters.
Super Smash Bros Ultimate Best Characters
The Super Smash Bros Ultimate Best Characters Tier List will evaluate and rank the Best Characters To Play. At RankedBoost we rank Fighting Game characters using a Tier List. You can find the Best Characters in the S Tier, the further down you go the weaker they become ending with F Tier. DLC Characters will be included and placed once their information is available. This Character List will apply to only one platform you can find this game on, the Nintendo Switch.
- S Tier – (Best) Highest ranking characters in our SSBU Tier List.
- A Tier – (Strong) Very strong picks, but not on the same level as S Tier Choices.
- B Tier – (Good) Solid Choice and can be viable in the hands of a skilled player.
- C Tier – (Average) The middle of the pack neither good nor bad.
- D Tier – (Below Average) Slightly on the weaker side of an average pick.
- E Tier – (Weak) Underpowered choice and wouldn’t recommend unless you enjoy the character.
- F Tier – (Worst) The lowest ranking characters in this Smash Ultimate Tier List.
- Weight – Character Weight Class (Heavy Weight/Feather Weight/etc).
- Air – Character speed while moving in the air.
- Run – Character speed while running on the ground.
- Dash – The speed of a characters Dash Movement.
- NEW – Newest Characters joining the Super Smash Bros franchise.
- DLC – Downloadable Content purchasable fighters.
- ECHO – Echo Fighters share similar Abilities and Movesets to their Echoed counterpart.
Smash Ultimate Tier List Patch 3.0
- S Tier | Lucina, Peach, Olimar, Zero Suit Samus
- A Tier | Pikachu, Daisy, Roy, Fox, Wolf, Link, Marth, Ganondorf, King K. Rool, Young Link, Snake
- B Tier | Wario, Ivysaur, Captain Falcon, Palutena, Bowser, Meta Knight, Pokemon Trainer, Pichu, Pac Man, Ridley, Falco, Mario
- C Tier | Charizard, R.O.B., Corrin, Mewtwo, Piranha Plant, Zelda, Chrom, Inkling, Ike, Robin, Duck Hunt, Bayonetta, Cloud, Donkey Kong, Isabelle, Luigi, Dr. Mario, Simon, Richter, Squirtle, Shulk, Joker
- D Tier | Wii Fit Trainer, Pit, Dark Pit, Samus, Dark Samus, Rosalina & Luma, Villager, Lucario, Sonic, Diddy Kong, Mii Swordfighter, Yoshi, Greninja, Mr. Game & Watch, Mega Man, Toon Link, Incineroar
- E Tier | Bowser Jr., King Dedede, Lucas, Ness, Sheik, Mii Brawler, Mii Gunner
- F Tier | Little Mac, Kirby, Ice Climbers, Jigglypuff, Ryu, Ken
(Tap/Click any character to view more information on How To Unlock, Counter Matchups, Best Spirits and more.)
Smash Ultimate Tier List
This Smash Ultimate Tier List is based on the character’s viability in a Player for Player setting (PVP). If you are just trying to have fun when you play, then pick whatever speaks to you, since each has their own unique playstyle and is worth exploring.
RankedBoost may receive a commission from Amazon purchases.
Want to View all the other NEW content in SSBU? Tap any of the links below to view other content in the game aside from this Smash Ultimate Tier List.
NEW Characters so far:
- Chrom – Fire Emblem
- Dark Samus – Metroid
- Simon – Castlevania
- Richter – Castlevania
- Ridely – Metroid
- Inkling – Splatoon
- King K Rool – Donkey Kong
- Ken – Street Fighter
- Isabelle – Animal Crossing
- Incineroar – Pokemon
- Piranha Plant – Mario | DLC
Confirmed All Super Smash Bros Ultimate Characters For Nintendo Switch. Nintendo announced that the New Super Smash Bros will include all the characters ever released for the franchise.
All Characters In Super Smash Bros Ultimate So far
- #Number is the Order in which they have joined super smash franchise.
- Icons are the series they are from.
- The E next to the #Number indicates an Echo Fighter.
You see a character in the Super Smash Bros Ultimate Best Characters Tier List that you can’t play? Have a look at our how-to guide for unlocking playable characters.
As more of the roster is revealed and confirmed we will keep this Super Smash Bros Tier List of the best Characters up to date. Until then players can speculate who will be joining the roster this time around via DLC (Downloadable Content).